Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Great balls of light


I've always loved the idea of having glowing orbs littered around my home. The ones above are range from $325 to $1,000!

I've decided to buy some bubble balls from CB2 and have them floating over the koi pond. There are lights in the pond but I plan on getting more to help illuminate the orbs. I had gone to Ikea looking for their solar lights but for a tuesday I found no one that could help me and many of their solar lighting looked like it was already gone :( My yard is mostly wooded and solar lighting may not be a good idea anyway.

I still need to find a way to plug up the small holes, looks like a fun project.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow .. these are absolutely beautiful

drollgirl said...

these are amazing! i would like to be surrounded by them!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see an after picture...what a creative solution!

jennifer / bumblesea said...

so beautiful. I think I have a CB2 addiction as well..

She Can't Decide said...

what about a battery operated tea light? Not as cool as solar, but a quick fix for a party...