Thursday, October 18, 2007

Soap & Glory

I was in Target the other day when I saw a display for Soap and Glory Cosmetics. I didn't even know what they were but I just had to pick them up and take a closer look... that's the sign of good package design! Everything is put in pink boxes and tubes and the names of the products are clever: Righteous Butter body butter, Clean on Me shower gel, and Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss. A quick Google search reveals they've been for sale in the UK for a while, and now have crossed the pond.

I did not purchase any of their products to try, so I can't attest as to their quality. Whenever I see cleverly packaged products like these, however, I get the impression that the high prices are due more to branding than the products themselves. Nevertheless, it's nice to have some eye candy on the bathroom shelf every once in awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny - I was just at Target earlier this week and noticed these because of the packaging too.

Unknown said...

Who does the package design on these products? Love them! Wish I was behind it.