Thursday, January 3, 2008

May 2008 be even better!

Well, 2007 was a great year for me: I started jennski.com in June and changed my career from graphic design to art - something I couldn't have done without the support of a wonderful husband, my family and friends, who always knew I had it in me. I also have to give a mighty thanks to Etsy! Because of that lovely site I got picked up by a publishing company, and was found by Lilla Rogers, of Lilla Rogers Studio, who is now my agent. I always knew I wanted to be an artist since I first held a crayon in my hand as a child, and it makes me feel very happy and grateful that I'm doing what I love, which a lot of people don't ever get the chance to do.

Also this year I was in my first gallery show (along with many other great Boston-area artists) in Design Nearby, at the Pinkcomma Gallery in Boston's South End. My work even made it into a Hood Eggnog TV commercial! 2007 was great, and I can't wait to see what 2008 brings!

Working on a painting for the Hood TV spot

My plan for 2008: to work, work, work and promote my butt off! I'm planning to come up with some more products with my designs on them, and I'm excited to get that and some other surprises going.

Finally, a big, fat THANK YOU SO MUCH to all my customers, blog readers, and other fans of my work! You guys really keep me going. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Have a great 2008!

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Jenn your 2007 sounds like was fab am sure 2008 will be even better !
Happy new year !