Friday, August 1, 2008

Painting the dinning room



We were about to treat the cracks last night and and then paint the walls this crazy orange color when Al my husband decided to peel a peice of paint off. There must have been about 8 coats of paint on the wall and it just seemed to peel off the plaster wall so easily. So we kept going and now we wished we didn't. It's about 80% done but that 20% is stuck on like glue. I can't wait to see it orange.

I decided to go with orange because I found this image on the internet ages ago and it's been sitting in my home inspiration folder. I thought it would be a good choice to get my black furniture to pop off the wall.

4 comments:

Chantel I. said...

I think that orange will look very intriguing with your dark dining room set.

You guys are being so brave to use such a brilliant colour and I salute you. I can only hope that the next time I paint, I take a page from your book and do it boldly.

Valentina Harper said...

I had the "brilliant" idea to peel the walls in the apartment I was living before. NO FUN..
I LOVE the orange, I think is going to look great.
Good Luck and enjoy your new home!

Kate said...

oooh, fun!! love when I finally get to act on those things that have been in my "ideas" folder for years and years.
good luck getting the rest off!

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I hope the new sofa is a pull-out, because I'm going to just have to move into your fabulous new place!