Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Linens 'n Things Files For Bankruptcy Protection, Closing 120 Stores

Last Friday, the bedding- and home-furnishing retailer filed a petition in bankruptcy court in Delaware and said it would close 120 underperforming stores, almost a quarter of them in California.

There is one near me that is closing and I did go in last weekend and it was filled with people, but it didn't look like they were buying all that much. I bought a medicine cabinet for the bathroom and some cute wine glasses. Beware of purchasing, make sure it's exactly what you want because you can't return your items. I wanted to buy curtains for the master bathroom but if they didn't look right I'd be stuck with them. Most of the store items were at a 10% discount but some departments like curtains and hardware were 20% off.

No comments: