Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guest Blogger: Wedding planner

I’m so thrilled to welcome Jenniedee to the blogging world! If you're looking to do a wedding or party in the Boston area this is the gal for you!

(taken by photographer Gwyneth Colleen)

Interview:

Q: Why did you become a wedding planner?

A: I decided to go into the wedding planning business to turn creations into reality. I have always been a creative person even as a young girl. I started off with fashion, designing and choosing fun colors and unique shapes for my model sketches. I started to follow my dream of designing but I knew there was more out there for me. I enjoyed planning events for family and friends. Birthday parties became more creative and being able to turn small ideas into big events stayed with me. After going to Newbury College in Brookline, MA and pushing myself into the business and fashion I realized planning weddings and events was the industry I wanted to be in. I enjoy planning themed events and when planning a wedding I can get to use my fashion and costume history background.



Q: Do you have any advice for a bride to be?

A: Take a deep breathe and enjoy it all! It goes by so fast and you want to take it all in. So let me do the worrying while you relax.


Q: Where did your love for all things 50's-60's come from.

A: My first fashion silhouette came from the movie dirty dancing.. I was 10 years old. I love the way the dresses flowed and the effort taken when getting dressed up. I knew from that moment i would love that time. I started to educate myself with old movies like How To Mary A Millionaire, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Singing In The Rain. I would sketch out vintage elements like maybe the way the table looked, or the style of the telephones they used. Everything about that era from the 1950s to 1960s amazed me. There was more creativity and thinking behind everything. From the way they did their hair to the style of cigarette holders. I knew I was born in the wrong era!


Q: What are some of your current inspirations or things you love.

A: Martha Stewart. She is by far such an inspirational person and she has added alot more vintage colors to her palette. If I had to name one thing that inspires me about her take on wedding industry it is the way she puts stationary together. I am a subscriber to her Martha Stewart's Wedding magazine and I always look forward to her invitation section. Also her craft punchers are a must for any vintage inspired wedding.




Q: Does a girl need to break the bank to have a nice wedding?

A: Weddings can get very expensive but I can work with any bride to make it happen inexpensively. You don't need to spend alot to get alot, just using your creativity can go a long way. A great example is instead of a large cake that feeds 120 guests, minimize the cake. Using cupcakes can be a very cost effictive way. The Cupcake Boutique, located in Andover MA, is a great example of using creativity and style in an inexpensive way. They promote the use of cupcake tiers instead of wedding cakes. You can choose from a variety of cupcakes that will please your guests. You don't have to worry about large amounts of cake left behind. You can always add a stunning cake topper to your cupcake tower for that vintage touch.

4 comments:

Jenn Ski said...

I'm so in the mood for cupcakes now!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a experienced graphic designer and I create one-of-a-kind wedding invitations.

Bruce said...

So CREATIVE !!!

Ana Aleksandravičienė said...

Niam niam good ;)