Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Matte Stephens


Images above are from Matte's new beautiful condo that he snagged last year. It was built in 1956, located in SW Portland.

And on other good news, Matte just signed on to show his original work at all 9 Jonathan Adler showrooms in the U.S and on his website (soon to come). Matte describes to me "I never thought that would ever happen. Thats going to put me right there with my hero Rex Ray. I used to walk to the library in 2001 and look at his paintings on the internet before I had a computer."


Matte also has a small line of pillows at Urban Outfitters. And be sure to check out his Etsy shop to purchase his prints.

6 comments:

SunJune said...

What a cute pillows!

matte stephens said...

Thank you so much for the nice post Jennski :) I am still amazed that I have paintings at Jonathan Adler :) To be showing paintings in the same place with Rex Ray, Don Carney and Carter Kustera is just super neat!! I really never thought in a million years that I would ever get the chance to show with them :)

Dee said...

Just love those pillows.

matte stephens said...

I'm giving away a set of tree of these pillows on my blog. http://matteart.blogspot.com/2009/03/pillow-giveaway-leave-comment-and-win.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Jenn! I had seen Matte's art before, and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oooh Matte!

Love that cute owl and of course the pillows :)

Nice work