Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tutorial: Alphabet Card Art Display

I found this cute tutorial over at Tiny Decor, enjoy!

"This entire project was inspired by these awesome alphabet cards by Jenn Ski for K&Company that I found at Michaels. I previously featured Jenn’s animal letter prints in my roundup of modern nursery art on Etsy. When I saw her new Actopus to Zelephant Collection at Michael’s I immediately knew she had licensed her designs to K&Company.

The set of alphabet cards was only $6.99. So cute, but too flimsy for my son to play with. I wanted to find a way to display the lightweight cardstock cards so my son could enjoy them. After a lot of pondering over frames, cork boards, and clotheslines, I finally came up with a great idea to mount the cards to canvas and secure them with silver brads."

Click here to read more.


Gina Perry said...

hooray! i've been scouring every cool artist site for something this cool for my son's room. i'll send u a pic when we do it!

Tirzha said...

So cute! I am looking for ideas for my daughter's room which we're remodeling in a few months. This will be one to consider!

made sweet said...

it looks so good! i want to do that.

mchen said...

Great idea — and the cards are adorable. Congrats to you... Michael's? WowSAH :)

larissa said...

Such a beautiful way to attract a child's eye. What size canvas did you use to achieve this look?

Love your work!