Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Plates


Have you ever collected so many plates that you don't know what to do with them all? Well, you just might want to try hanging them up on your walls.

I love, love, love Lisa Congdon's hanging plate display! (pictured above) The idea of hanging plates isn't a new one, but I love her fresh and colorful approach. I've been wanting to do something like this in my home with all the odd plates that I pick up at flea markets. I still need to go and find a bit more but I do have some cute ones that I can play around with for now.

For anyone who is interested I found a helpful page on ehow called how to hang plates and also some info at marthastewart.com. I can't wait to start this project, I love arranging things! Check out more plate arrangements below.

Image via Apartment Therapy
Flickr
Flickr
Antique Plate Display
Flickr

10 comments:

Amy said...

so very gorgeous!

Dee said...

Great idea, they look fantastic.

zoetropa said...

love this idea. so beautiful. i need to start collecting plates now. :)

frauheuberg said...

hej,
The pictures are incredible ... great idea ... a very different art to make its walls ... pure inspiration ...;-)

lolly-jolly said...

great post, jenn! i love that style of interior. it's perfect for an artistic soul, like mine :)

Searching for Sporadic Surprises said...

Great post. The graphics and shapes add so much texture to the walls!

Biba said...

Love love love. I am been collecting plate pics, want to do my own little collection on my wall :)

Anna-Marie Still said...

Wow! I've had that image of Lisa's plates saved for a long time know, dreaming of a plate wall of my own - but I had never seen any of those others! - Love them!

sally said...

This is such a good idea. I love how different and inspiring the plates are. Now I know what to do with my plates.

Wren said...

This is great! I love plates..and hanging them : )