Monday, September 28, 2009

Interview: Blanca Gómez


Name: Blanca Gómez
Occupation: Illustrator and graphic designer
Location: Madrid, Spain


1. What kind of art do you make?

Mostly, digital illustrations. I also make collages and screen-printing.

Links to my work:
website: cosasminimas.com
shop: blancucha.etsy.com



2. What do you enjoy most about working in this medium?

Working with shapes, colours and textures on the computer, I love the fact you can try again and again. One don´t have to worry about messing all up; you assemblage shapes once and again until the thing you´re looking for finally comes out and you are satisfied with it. In the case of collages, the process takes much more time and you have to be very careful with the process; screen-printing, on the other hand, is very fun and relaxing, I like to do that every now and then.



3. What challenges have you found in your work?

My major challenge is be able to develop a personal style and, at the same time, try not to being redundant.



4. Where do you find inspiration

In books, colleagues, films, museums, streets, travels. daily silly thoughts... To sum up: in life.



5. What are your favorite artists, designer or blogs.

A bunch of them (at random): Picasso, Alexander Girard, Olle Eksell, Sempé, Jim Houser, Quentin Blake, Pascal Blanchet, Hanna Konola, Cristóbal Schmal, Mikel Casal, Yamauchi Kazuaki, .. I know I'm forgetting a lot of them, but I have to stop somewhere...

4 comments:

Eric McGrew said...

Wow! Thanks for showing us Blanca's work. She has that "classic" textbook illustration style. It reminds me of some of the art that inspired me as a kid.

Tracyville said...

Oh, wow! Thanks for sharing. I am loving her work!!

orange you lucky! said...

Blance's work is wonderful:)
Thanks for this interview.

zoetropa said...

Blanca is one of my favorite artists out there right now. This was so fun to read! Thanks!