Monday, April 18, 2011

Mid-Century Monday: Tony Paul


One of my readers informed me that the candlestick holders I got for only $3 at Goodwill were designed by Tony Paul.

He was born on February 28, 1918 in Bronx, NY and passed away last April. Tony was an industrial designer who began his designing career in the 1940s. His remarkable career spanned approximately 60 years and he continued to design well into his later years. His designs included furniture design, kitchenware design and lighting. Tony found a love and niche in lighting design, and continued that path for more than 20 years.



I guess the candlesticks I picked up were his first design, I have yet to find a price for them. I was originally planning on selling them, very glad I didn't.



All images from www.tonypauldesigns.com

No comments: