Thursday, August 25, 2011

My trip to South America Part 1

the view

the side of the house


electric fence


I just took an amazing trip to Venezuela! My husband was born and raised there and he finally took me! We stayed in Caracas, which is a crazy town, people drive with no rules! Motorcycles fly in between cars and even follow ambulances to get out of traffic.

My first impression leaving the airport was that it looked like a post-apocalyptic Miami, but there are some really beautiful areas and lots of metal sculptures everywhere. Venezuelans really appreciate art - everyone I visited had paintings and sculptures in their homes.

We stayed in a concrete home, which was built in the late 70's. It has an amazing view. All homes here are surrounded by tall walls, gates and almost all have electric fences, or razor wire or both, to keep robbers and kidnappers out. Crime is very high here...

No comments: