Friday, March 22, 2013

Birds & blooms and a new hidden laundry room


So right before my state of New Hampshire got clobbered with another snow storm I walked around my yard and saw a bunch of buds coming up through the mulch. I had planted a bunch of different varieties of crocuses and daffodils last fall and I have been patiently waiting to see them. Currently they're now covered with a mound of snow, this is adding to my frustration. It seems like this long winter will never end, but I know spring is right around the corner. 

I don't know what it is about late winter early spring, but for me it always seems to involve a crowbar. This is what we plan on doing while we wait for things to thaw out.

My dream kitchen idea. Not happening just yet, but hopefully in the near future.

These are old pictures of my kitchen taken before we moved in. The space is in the shape of a T, the right side (above) is cabinets and appliances, the left is a breakfast nook and in front is the hideous laundry area that needs to be hidden. I'm still saving up to do make my dream kitchen a reality, but for now I think I'm going to work on the laundry room. What I want to do is get rid of the cabinets and put up shelves, a large countertop over the washer and dryer and build a small extending wall to hide that area and make it separate from the kitchen. I know this will make the kitchen seem smaller, but right now the space isn't working. I don't have places to put things away. The kitchen has become a total mess just like my office once was (when you scroll down you will see what I'm referring to). I like being organized when there is a place for everything to go, but when I hate a room I basically neglect it and don't enjoy keeping it neat and tidy. I have started to rip out the cabinets and have plastered up holes. I will show you those photo's soon and how messy I let this room get, I'm gonna let it all hang out.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's such a gorgeous Bathroom Tiles. It adds the value and beauty to your home making, it a unique and beautiful area of your home. Many bathroom remodeling companies offer Bathroom tiles, are also durable and easy to clean then other surfaces that are common in most homes.