Thursday, July 8, 2010

Can DO!

It's been 100 degrees with high humidity in NH all week! When I went to my local home improvement store to buy some driveway repair gunk, I walked past their awesome celling fan selection and realized I had to have one (we do have an air conditioner in the bedroom, but the rest of the windows in my house are not AC-friendly.)

I was actually quite impressed with some of the fan styles, but I ended up choosing this Harbor Breeze 52" Brushed Nickel Avian Ceiling Fan:Installation was a major pain. Since we have recessed lights in the living room, we had to purchase a recessed light converter kit. Our house being so old, however, the recessed light can was not a standard size, so my husband had to spend the better part of the day - the hot, sticky day - trimming off and adapting the conversion kit to our light cans, and up on the ladder installing the whole thing. The fan finally went up and now sitting at the dinning room table is wonderful!

4 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

i have this fan. can you believe how stylish it is, but still be close to the ceiling? there aren't any flush mount fans that are stylish, and this one worked b/c you can take it to like an inch from the ceiling!

Sarah said...

Isn't that always the way? Home improvement projects for us are always 1 step forward/2 steps back. Nice fan choice!

Coletta said...

I had these exact same fans in my condo. wish I would have taken them when we moved!

Sarah said...

we have the same on in our sun porch and 2 more waiting to be installed in other rooms in our house. love love love