Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Platform bed


We are full of ideas, but actually making it is the scary part. A while back I mentioned a sideboard project we'd designed. Sadly that hasn't come to be. My husband is a bit of a perfectionist and he hasn't yet figured out how to get a nice, even finish without an expensive sprayer... We are new to this furniture-making thing!

OK, so a bed. We really need a bed (and no paint finish problems to worry about!) I showed him some beds I liked and we decided on something simple and strong. We started buying the wood for the inside structure, I'll keep you all updated on our progress.

2 comments:

Carole said...

I made a bed once and used a slab of plywood under the mattress, kind of like it looks like you are planning to do. I strongly advise you to think about ventilation. If there is no air flow to the bottom of the mattress, you may have a mold problem. Slats or perforations in the board will help. The next one I did I used slats and did not have the same problem. It looks nice, good luck witht the project!

outdoor patio cushions said...

Wow This platform bed is really good and very comfortable.... Thanks for sharing your best products.