Thursday, March 15, 2012

Office progress: floating shelves



Yay! My office is looking fab. All the big things are finished, next is just trim work, dealing with ugly cords, and making a cork board. The cork board kind of scares me since it involves rolling on contact cement...

So last night my husband put up the floating shelves, wow it's amazing how horrible things made is China are. The shelves don't even line up, and there is no way to fix them. Ok, yes I understand things may not line up, but man give me a way to adjust, ugh. So I just placed items on there to make things look even. Note to self make your own floating shelves! I would have had my husband make them, but I really wanted to see that wall finished. This what I get for being impatient.

Ok back to the positives, very happy with my office. Wished I had done it sooner.



Right before I shot this image I grabbed this wire sculpture I had laying around and stuck it up in the hanging light. It needed some pizzazz.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Looks Awesome Jenn!!! I'm so jealous!

Sarah Pecorino said...

I noticed your light fixture adaptation. It looks fantastic, Jenn!

Anonymous said...

The office looks great! Do you mind sharing what kind of printers you have? It looks like you've got a good set up for them.

Jenn Ski said...

the printer on the counter is my 7800 stylus pro and the other machine makes decals vinyl decals.

MoonDoggie said...

Everything looks great. I'm still in love with that table and chair set of yours - the colour is too die for!

Vintage Hunter said...

Great space! I really like the new cabinets.

Robin @AtomicLivinHome.com said...

Your office looks absolutely outstanding!! What a place to work! :)

I'm lovin the cabinets and the floating shelves. WOW!

I need to do something with my own workspace to get nice and organized like you have.

CONGRATS and WELL-DONE!!~

Robin :)