Friday, June 28, 2013

Kitchen progress

So the old cabinets are still in place, but I'm so itching to rip them off! I did start to scrap the celling of old cracked paint. I thought it was just a few small spots but it just keeps going and going. Hopefully in 6 weeks I will have everything ready.


I wasn't planing on going so dark with the cabinets but I found this beautiful light wood stained dark and some of the light beige grain comes through. The stain is actually a dark grey, I just fell in love. I have a sample around here somewhere along with the countertop. I'll take pictures for my next post.

As for lighting we will need a lot! The ceiling is some kind of crazy cement, metal mesh with no attic space. I hate track lighting so I was thinking of building a box that will house the recessed lighting. Do I know how to do this? No. Do I know how much it will cost? No. Will it look awesome, Yes!





No comments: