Monday, January 13, 2014

Laundry Done! Next, making a kitchen table



Finished!

So the laundry area is officially done and I can cross that off the list. The next thing is building a tall kitchen table. I bought these Bertoia stools from someone on craigslist ages ago, but never ended up using them.  So I pulled them out from storage and stuck them in my kitchen.

I've always loved the Teepee table by CB2, but sadly they don't make it anymore.  I told my husband what I wanted and he designed this tripod table with a 36" glass tabletop.



My husband will building it and he says we still need more wood, I guess that means another trip to the lumber yard this week.

I called around looking for quotes on glass and was surprised at how much it would cost. I think the cheapest for a 36" wide 3/4" thick piece will run me $380, and $238 for a 1/2" thickness.  Hmmm…




5 comments:

Melanie said...

That laundry pic makes me want to do laundry!

Kim said...

Hi Jenn,
Pier1 has affordable table tops and bases very similar to what your husband is going to make, only with 4 legs instead of three.
http://www.pier1.com/Round-Glass-Table-Tops/PS683,default,pd.html#q=glass-table-top&start=1

Kim

Jenn Ski said...

Hi Kim, thanks so much for the link!

The reason the price of the custom glass is so high is because of the thickness. The glass top at Pier one is a bit thin, I want that thick high end look.

I was even thinking of looking for an old coffee table top on Craislist.


josieposie said...

This is a little bigger than the 36" round you had in mind and it's CHEAP! it doesn't list the thickness, however. Good luck!

josieposie said...

Sorry... I forgot this part of it! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70102298/